SBS-Telebrations Contest Terms and Conditions
1. CONTEST: This Contest being conducted by ABP News Network Pvt. Ltd.(“ANN”) having its Registered office at 301, Boston House, Suren Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai- 400093 and its Corporate office at A-37, Sector- 60, Noida, 201 307, on the channel ABP News, will be governed by these standard terms and conditions, and accompanying Contest Details (collectively the "Terms"). Each entrant agrees that he/she has read and understood these Terms and by their participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms. “ Prize” shall mean travel and hosting of the winners at Telebrations event in Mumbai.
2. This Contest is hosted by ABP News Private Limited is open for a limited period from 8th November 2016 for 07 days thereafter(as per ANN’s discretion) for the subscribers of all operators (Airtel, Vodafone , Idea, BSNL, Tata GSM, Telenor, Reliance, Aircel, MTNL Delhi & Mumbai)- hereinafter referred to as operators over SMS. The contest will be available for the below mentioned circles.
|1.||ASSAM + NORTH EAST|
|12.||JAMMU & KASHMIR|
|14.||UTTAR PRADESH EAST|
|15.||UTTAR PRADESH WEST|
3. The Organizers of the Contest shall be solely responsible for the execution and administration of this Contest. The Management of ABP News Network & its subsidiaries/group companies reserve the right to cancel / postpone /stop this Contest at its discretion or change all or any part of terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation of any kind and without being liable for any consequential losses/damages.
4. The Contest shall run strictly in accordance with the stipulated timeframe as stated by channel. Any entry after the closure of the contest shall not be entertained and summarily rejected.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to Indian Citizens residing within the geographical territory of India only. The following categories of persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees (including their immediate families) of Organizer and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorized dealers/distributors, agents; suppliers of the Prize(s); and any other company professionally connected with this Contest. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the Prize (as defined below) does not contravene any local laws or regulations. This Contest shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law. "Immediate family" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
6. Contestant hereby agrees and undertakes not to hold ABP News and/or or any of its group entities or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, vendors, responsible for or liable for, any actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses, either direct or remote that you may/might have suffered, sustained or incurred, or claims to suffer, sustain or incur, by way of and /or on account of the present Contest.
7. WINNER SELECTION: ABP News Network’ representatives will select the winner(s) from amongst all eligible and/or correctly-answered entries (each referred to as a "Winner") by random selection. ABP News Network’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entertained. Mere participation in the contest does not entitle any entrant to win a prize.
8. The Winner shall not be entitled to the prize, in case he/ she fails to provide details as intimated by ANN.
9. There shall be a roll-over of prizes in case the winner/s is/are ineligible. A participant shall be considered ineligible if he/she does not confirm to the conditions or cannot provide the required documents as stipulated herein.
10. In order to receive their prize, the winners are required to provide ABP News with their full name and geographical location in order to ensure smooth hosting of winners at Telebrations event in Mumbai. Should a winner not acknowledge receipt of their win, and provide their full name and India address, within 1 day of receiving notice from ABP News,they shall be considered ineligible and prize shall be rolled over to the next eligible participant.Any personal information, including without limitation, the entrant's name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number and/or email address will be used solely in connection with this Contest and for any purpose for which the entrant specifically opts in and will not be disclosed to any third party except for (a) the purpose of fulfilling the Prize where applicable and (b) for any purpose for which the entrant specifically opts in. Any personal information held by ABP News Network in respect of the Contest will be held on record for a reasonable period to fulfill the purpose for which such personal information was collected.
11. Acknowledgement of the prize shall constitute a release and discharge of ABP News Network by each Winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner (and/or their companions) as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, Prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
12. The Prize(s) can be claimed only by the winner as declared by ABP News Network.Minors are exempted from participating in this contest.
13. By sending his/her contact number, the winner shall provide the Organizer with the permission to send SMS or to call him/her, whether or not such sender is registered on the National Do Not Call Registry.
14. No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to participate in the contest. The contest is not a means to earn profit or promote the business or sales of ABP News Network and is only intended to invoke the interest of viewers in the channel.
15. ABP News shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that may be suffered, or for any personal loss or injury that may be suffered (including loss of life), to a participant and/or any third party, directly or indirectly, by use or non-use of the prize.
16. Comments of winners or materials sent to ABP News Network including feedback and other communications of any kind shall be deemed to be non-confidential & will not be returned. ABP News Network shall be free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback and contest entries without limitations or obligation of any kind. ABP News Network shall also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such feedback for any purpose. ABP News Network reserves the right to analyze and summarize data that collected by it and also reserves the right to publish, distribute, share summaries of the data collected with sponsors or other business partners without limitations or obligations of any kind.
17. Mention of third party companies and products on ABP News TV Channel, Websites or social media properties is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Licenses,warranties,insurances if any, regarding the third party product take place between you and the third party.
18. ABP News Network is fully committed to following laws related to the collection of data and to their carefully considered policy on data collection. ABP News Network may, however, share personally identifiable information and data shared by the entrants with third parties, only for the purposes of selecting winners. The Entrants are required to provide ABP News Network with the correct details about themselves and ABP News Network will not be liable for any related damages direct or indirect.
19. ABP News Network makes no representations or warranties as to the quality / suitability / merchantability of any of the goods/ services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, ABP NEWS NETWORK or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents, shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent on their part.
20. By participating in the Contest, each Participant agrees to hold harmless ABP News Network and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents, as well as all others associated with the development and execution of this contest and the show/TV commercial, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use, misuse or possession of the Prize, including liability for personal injury, except where prohibited or limited by law.
21. Acceptance of the Prize/s by the winner constitutes permission for Organizers, and its affiliates to click photographs of the Winner/s and use the Winner’s name, photographs, likeness, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes in any media worldwide for purposes of advertising and trade without any additional compensation whatsoever
22. Prizes to be distributed in this contest shall neither be transferable nor exchangeable.
23. The participant hereby understands and gives his/ her irrevocable consent for personal information relating to the participant to be exchanged with Organizers and its vendors or published and/or communicated to/in any media that it may deem fit, and the Organizers or its Vendors may, at their sole discretion may choose to publish or disclose the name(s), phone number(s) and score(s) of all participants, if required, and specifically, of winners.
24. Upon receipt of response from a participant, it is presumed that they have understood and accepted these Terms. Each participant consents to the use of information supplied by the participant in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the participant, by ABP News Network
25. ABP News Network will be delivering the contest prize through viable mode(emails included). ABP News Network is not in any way responsible for the non delivery of prize for whatever reasons.
26. The prize winner, as announced by ANN / organiser, should be able to submit documents specified herein below within the specified timelines intimated by the Organizer. The documents required to be submitted along with the claim by the Winners include the following (the document list is only inclusive and not exhaustive and can change as per the requirements of law):
a. Identity Proof – Adhaar Card/Passport/Government id (as intimated by ANN);
b. Address Proof;
c. Photocopy of PAN Card;
27. Saas Bahu aur Saazish - Telebrations Contest over SMS:
a) Contest will be available on 5424299 (for all private Operators) all subscribers of above mentioned Operators and circles.
b) A 3 digit no. to be displayed in 3 parts spread during the programme in an interesting way and viewer will have to note 3 nos in the same order and send sms by typing SBS_XXX to 5424299.
c) The host will share different 3 digit numbers every day. Validity of one 3 digit number contest is from 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM daily.
d) SMS charges will be applicable as follows: o All : Rs 3 per Sms
e) The contest is available only in Hindi language.
29. PRIZE: “ Prize” shall mean travel and hosting of the winner at Telebrations event in Mumbai.
30. Winner Selection Process: Prize: The selection for the Prize will be conducted after the conclusion of all days of the contest. It will be done through random selection. The winners’ names will be announced during the episode post conclusion of the contest.
31. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of laws and should such an attempt be made, the Organizer and/or Operators reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
32. Failure by the Organizer to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions in any instance shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that Term and Condition and shall not give rise to any claim by any person. The decision of the Organizer shall at all times be binding and final.
33. Organizer and Operators do not make any commitment, express or implied to respond to any feedback, suggestion and/or queries of the participants.
34. This Contest is being made purely on a “best endeavor” basis and participation of eligible participants is voluntary, and subject to acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
35. Organizer, Operators and their officials including their directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants and agents are under no obligation to render any advice or service to any Subscriber in respect of the Contest.
36. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
37. ABP News reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this offer/contest or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria, the Terms & Conditions and prizes at their sole discretion at anytime during its validity as may be required in view of business exigencies and/or changes by regulatory authority and/or statutory changes and the same shall be binding on the Subscriber/participant. This Terms and Conditions shall be subject to updates and changes without any specific notice and the contestants are bound to access the website to understand the changes.
38. These Terms shall prevail in the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any advertising, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest.
39. This Contest is subject to guidelines/ directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications (“DoT”), Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (“TRAI”),Ministry of Information & Broadcasting(“MIB”) or any other statutory authority from time to time.
40. The contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by ABP News. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
41. The Terms & Conditions are subject to Indian Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Delhi